FME "Volkovysk Forestry" was organized in 1939 on the basis of state-owned forests in Poland, as well as forest areas owned by private landowners, monasteries, banks and so forth. On January 1, 1940 Forestry consisted of 6 forestry (Volkovysk, Lyskovsky, Mosty, Porozovo, Rosokovskogo and Yalovskogo) with a total area of 58919 hectares and was a member of the Bialystok territorial management of forest protection and afforestation.
During the Nazi occupation of a significant part of documentary material has been destroyed, the forest ruthlessly exterminated. After his release in 1944, Volkovysk Forestry resumed its activities. The first post-war forest management of forests Forestry produced in 1952.
FME "Volkovysk leshoz" is located in the south-western part of the territory of Grodno region Volkovysk, Svisloch, Berestovitsa, Masty and Zelva administrative districts. As regards forest vegetation zoning forests Volkovysk forestry belongs to the subzone spruce-hornbeam oak Nemansko-Podlesskikh forest growth area.
MAIN AREAS OF ACTIVITIES AND FORESTRY:
Forestry - includes the organization of forest management aimed at efficient use of forest resources, protection, protection and reproduction of forests; preservation and creation in the fixed territory of highly biologically stable forests and forest fauna, whose activities are carried out at the expense of budgetary funds and revenues from forestry activities.
commercial (self-supporting) - includes the development of forest fund, production of wood products, wood removals from forests to industrial warehouses and other consumer stocks, to meet the needs of domestic and foreign markets, and the development of secondary forest use and procurement of secondary forest resources.
The structure consists of 7 forestry forestry: Berestovitskaya, Volkovysk, Karevichskoe, Podorosskoe, Porozovo, Rosskam, Svisloch and the LP "The Castle".
Total area - 63 116 ha, including forest-covered - 57 592 hectares.